- A year after the racism scandal kykNET (DStv 144) has put Bolhuis a show featuring private investigator Mike Bolhuis back on its schedule.
- The second season was pulled off air in August 2019 after an alleged voice note in which he used racist slurs surfaced online.
- The show will premiere on the channel on Thursday, 15 October.
MultiChoice and M-Net have placed the show, Bolhuis, back on the kykNET (DStv 144) schedule with the canned show resurfacing a year after a racism scandal led the pay-TV service to drop its broadcast abruptly.
kykNET announced that the second season of Bolhuis, produced by Rian van Heerden, will start airing on Thursday 15 October at 20:00.
This comes after racist slurs, and derogatory remarks made by Mike Bolhuis in audio recordings, surfaced in mid-2019.
Last year, just before the second season of Bolhuis was set to air, MultiChoice said in a statement that "Mike Bolhuis had conducted certain conversations in which he expressed himself in a discriminatory manner, which is unacceptable to MultiChoice".
"MultiChoice is committed to the building of a non-racial society and strongly condemns any acts of discrimination. In the circumstances, we resolved that programming in the second season of the Bolhuis series, in which Mike Bolhuis is the central figure would not be broadcast."
Bolhuis also disappeared from the DStv Now's Catch Up service and the Showmax subscription video-on-demand service run by MultiChoice's Connected Video division.
kykNET in response to a media enquiry from Channel24 said: "Following the public release of a voice note where presenter and private investigator Mike Bolhuis used derogatory language, he apologised to the public, the channel and the CEO of the MultiChoice Group."
Karen Meiring, director of M-Net's kykNET channels, says Mike Bolhuis "has taken steps in his personal life to not only reflect but use his platform to support and promote diversity and inclusion".
"One of these examples will be covered in an episode of the new season that will be broadcast on kykNET in October 2020. While the incident was indeed unacceptable and deplorable, his unconditional apology has been accepted."
In June this year kykNET was also in hot water when another reality star uttered the "k"-word which led to mom Jana le Roux's dismissal from the show after she uttered the racial slur in the Red Pepper-produced Kwarantyn Afrikaans reality show.