- Listing Jozi on BBC Lifestyle (DStv 174) is South Africa's first reality property listing show.
- The six-part documentary-style series follows five high-end realty brokers.
- From famous faces to interesting filming facts - here's everything you need to know about the new show.
South Africa's first reality property listing show, Listing Jozi, which airs on Wednesdays at 20:00 on BBC Lifestyle (DStv 174), follows the daily hustle of five high-end brokers competitively listing and selling high-end local properties from R5 million to over R60 million.
The realtors featured in Listing Jozi are a combination of in the process of building successful careers in the business to others already at the top of their game, each with lessons to learn and tips to share on the exciting world of the fast-paced Jozi property market.
They include Jabulile Mazibuko, Ryan Kwan and Edgar Nche from Law Real Estate, and Lara Nathan from Pam Golding Properties and Grahame Diedericks from Lew Geffen Sotheby's International Realty.
The six-part, documentary-style series, produced by South African production company, AlternaTV, takes viewers right into the heart of some of the most affluent homes found around Johannesburg. From the opulent suburbs of Waterfall, Dainfern, Morningside, Hyde Park, Strathavon and Meyersdal and the centre financial district - to everywhere in between.
As well as the chance to peek into what Jozi has to offer in the realty space, Listing Jozi also features some famous faces. Shashi Naidoo, reality TV star Nompumelelo' Mpumi' Ranaka, actors Nolo Phiri and Mphahlele Tau, and professional golfer Keith Horne make an appearance.
Interesting filming facts:
• The full series took 10 months to film – from early January to the end of October 2020 (including two months during the Covid hard lockdown).
• Over 60 hours footage filmed over period.
• Over 100 properties viewed over the duration of filming.
To peek around some of Jozi's affluent homes and meet up with some famous local faces, follow the hustle of a dynamic team of local estate agents who can also teach you a thing or two about SA's property market.
- Number of outfits Grahame wears in the series: 18
- Number of times Edgar was late for filming scenes during the series: 6
- Number of times Jabu says "babe" during the whole series: 45
- Number of times Ryan's phone kept ringing during filming: 7
- Number of times that Lara has been to the South of Joburg before this show: 1
(Source: BBC Lifestyle)