It’s that time of the week again. The time to get your weekly dose of female empowerment meets adrenaline as a new episode of Not A Diva reaches your TV screens. SA’s hot new show is brought to you by the female-focused insurance company 1st for Women who offer insurance specifically designed for women.
Whether you love them or hate them, snakes have slithered their way into pop culture and have sunk their fangs in deep.
From Britney Spears’ iconic python VMAs performance back in 2001 to the snake-engulfed loved and loathed track of Taylor Swift’s vengeful 2017 return – snakes are the venom we can’t seem to get enough of.
But, the question remains, can you tangle with one without peeing your pants?
Well that’s the question The Voice SA judge, Lira, might be able to answer for you in 1st for Women's hottest new series Not A Diva.
Not A Diva will be airing its debut on DSTV Mzansi Magic channel 161 on Thursday, April 11th at 21:30.
You can follow the SA pop icon’s adventure as she learns to wrangle snakes and other reptiles to shed the image of what you think a ‘diva’ might be. You might also learn that the way to truly charm a snake is by ‘understanding the animal and respecting it’ as Lira explains in the show.
Here are some of our favourite snake-fuelled celeb moments for you to enjoy:
1. The iconic 2001 VMA performance that saw Britney Spears take to the stage to perform her hit ‘I'm a Slave 4 U’ while having a yellow python draped over her shoulders.
2. That time when David Beckham slung a snake over his broad shoulders in 2007 to promote Motorola’s new RAZR2 phone.
3. When Prince Harry and William met a slithery python in Botswana in 2010.
4. When Justin Bieber brought his pet boa constrictor, Johnson, along to the 2011 VMA red carpet.
5. Last, but certainly not least, who can forget the snake slathered music video of Taylor’s 2017 musical return – Look What You Made Me Do.
First for Women Insurance Company Limited is an authorised insurer and financial services provider (FSP licence number: 15261).