The Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge is once again open for applications.
There are only six places available, so only the most committed applicants will be considered.
If your debt keeps you awake at night and your money is running out long before the end of the month, or if you simply want to take control of your small start-up business or personal finances and grow your wealth, you may be just the person we are looking for.
The Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge will run over a six-month period, and candidates will receive expert help to get their finances in order and achieve their unique financial goals.
During the six months, each eligible participant will stand a chance to win incentive prizes when they reach certain pre-agreed milestones.
At the end of the challenge, a cash investment prize will be awarded to the participant who best managed to remain on track and successfully realised their financial goals during the period.
You will be paired with a financial adviser and the competition will run from April to October.
ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Must be older than 18.
- Must have a transactional account with Absa wherein they deposit their monthly salary.
- Must earn a monthly salary/income of R20 000 or more (this can be a variable income if you are self-employed or a freelancer).
Entrepreneurs with a small start-up business are welcome to enter.
- Must not be over-indebted to such an extent that they are blacklisted with legal action taken against them in terms of their debt.
- Must not currently be under debt review.
- Must be prepared to be filmed, have their photograph taken and have their first name appear in City Press and the social media channels of Absa and City Press.
- Must commit to a six- to eight-month personalised financial fitness programme.
- Must successfully complete all the tasks and reach all the goals assigned to them.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF BY SENDING YOUR RESPONSES TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO US BY NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 22
- Why would you like to participate and what do you hope to achieve should you be selected to participate?
- What are your main financial pressures at the moment?
- Are you married and do you have children?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What has been your worst financial mistake?
- What is your big dream?
Also send your full name and surname, age, region, ID number and Absa account number, as well as your current monthly budget (income and expenses) to email@example.com.
Remember to get the applications to us well before the February 22 deadline.
To find out more about the Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge, you can read about last year’s contestants at https://www.news24.com/citypress/special-report/moneymakeover and on the Money Makeover Facebook page @CPMoneyMakeover.