The Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge is now open for applications. There are only six places available, so only the most committed applicants will be considered.
If your debt keeps you awake at night and your money is running out long before the month ends, or if you simply want to take control of your small start-up business or personal finances and grow your wealth, you may well be the person we are looking for.
The Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge will run over six months and candidates will receive expert help from advisers to get their finances in order and achieve their unique financial goals.
During the six-month period, each participant will stand a chance to win incentive prizes after reaching certain pre-agreed milestones.
At the end of the challenge, a cash investment prize will be awarded to the participant who best manages to remain on track and successfully realise their financial goals during the period.
You will be paired with a financial adviser in January and the competition will run from February to August.
All applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be older than 18.
- You must have a transactional account with Absa into which you deposit your monthly salary.
- You earn a monthly salary/income of R20 000 or more (this can be a variable income if you are self-employed or a freelancer). Entrepreneurs with a small start-up business are welcome to enter.
- You must not be overindebted to such an extent that you are blacklisted with legal action taken against you in terms of your debt.
- You may not currently be under debt review.
- You must be prepared to be filmed, have your photograph taken and have your first name appear in City Press newspaper, as well as Absa and City Press’ social media channels.
- You must commit to a six- to eight-month personalised financial fitness programme.
- You must successfully complete all the tasks and reach all the goals assigned to you.
If you are interested in participating, tell us about yourself and send your responses to the following questions to us by October 25:
- Why would you like to participate and what do you hope to achieve should you be selected to participate?
- What are your main financial pressures at the moment?
- Are you married and do you have children?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What has been your worst financial mistake?
- What is your big dream?
Along with the answers to these questions, send your full name and surname, age, region, ID number, Absa account number and your monthly budget (income and expenses) to email@example.com before October 25.
To find out more about the Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge, you can read about last year’s contestant here: Money Makeover