The Day of Reconciliation will see two derbies in the DStv Premiership on Wednesday afternoon.
The first Venda derby in the top flight sees Black Leopards take on Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila (TTM) on Wednesday 3.30pm) at the Thohoyandou Stadium.
TTM joined the big league this year after buying the DStv Premiership status of Bidvest Wits.
Sadly, football fans in Venda will not witness the derby as games continue to be played behind closed doors.
Ordinarily, if there wasn’t a fan ban, Venda would be a hive of activity. Derby day would have been like a festival to mark the historic occasion in the Limpopo town.
Leopards are 15th on the table with four points while TTM have seven points in ninth position.
In another derby, AmaZulu face Golden Arrows in the derby at the Jonsson Stadium in Durban (5.30pm).
In the absence of the new AmaZulu coach, Benni McCarthy, on the bench will be assistant coach Allan Freese.
The former Bafana Bafana striker was unveiled as the new head coach on Monday, replacing Ayanda Dlamini who was demoted to the youth structures on account of poor results.
Usuthu are 11th on the table with six points while Arrows are seventh with eight points.
The MTN8 finalists will also be in action for the first time since the final. Winners Orlando Pirates are up against Chippa United at the Orlando Stadium in Soweto while Bloemfontein Celtic host Baroka at the Dr Petrus Molemela Stadium. Both matches kick off at 7pm.
- Meanwhile, the GladAfrica Championship has a derby of its own as Pretoria Callies take on AmaTuks at the Lucas Moripe Stadium (3.30pm).
Callies are back in professional football after gaining promotion from the ABC Motsepe League. They will play at the stadium named after their most famous former player Lucas Moripe.
- Black Leopards v Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila, Thohoyandou Stadium (3.30pm)
- AmaZulu v Arrows, Jonsson Stadium (5.30pm)
- Orlando Pirates v Chippa United, Orlando Stadium (7pm)
- Bloemfontein Celtic v Baroka, Dr Petrus Molemela Stadium (7pm)
- Callies v AmaTuks, Lucas Moripe Stadium
- Polokwane v Umoya United, Old Peter Mokaba
- JDR Stars v Free State Stars, Giant Stadium
- Steenberg v Cape Town Spurs, Idas Valley Sport Grounds
All matches kick-off at 3.30pm.