In this month’s quiz, we test your Emmy knowledge, celeb baby news, and all the splits and Twitter drama.
1. Which Netflix show broke a record as the most awarded comedy in history during this year’s Emmy awards?
a. Schitt’s Creek
b. The Good Place
c. Dead to Me
d. The Kominsky Method
2. Which famous South African is getting a 10-part Showmax reality series?
a. Jub Jub
b. Boity Thulo
c. Lebo M
d. Minnie Dlamini
3. Cassper Nyovest’s newborn son is called:
4. Which television presenter welcomed a baby this week?
a. Nina Hastie
b. Nandi Madida
c. Pabi Moloi
d. Pearl Modiadie
5. Which local music group celebrated 10 years in the industry this year?
b. Black Motion
d. Joyous Celebration
6. Who became the youngest Emmy Award winner for lead actress in a drama series this year?
a. Emma Watson
b. Chloë Grace Moretz
c. Willow Smith
7. Minnie Dlamini trended this week for:
a. Showing off her baby bump on Instagram
b. Announcing a reality show with Showmax
c. Splitting from her husband Quinton Jones
d. Releasing a rap song
8. Cardi B recently filed for divorce from:
d. Kendrick Lamar
9. Which South African human rights icon passed away this month?
a. Andrew Mlangeni
b. Elias Motsoaledi
c. Ahmed Kathrada
d. George Bizos
10. Kanye West recently tweeted himself doing what with his Grammy?
a. Digging a hole and burying it in the garden
b. Throwing it off his yacht into the sea
c. Throwing it in the toilet and urinating on it
d. Letting his kids paint on it
11. Which South African Netflix documentary about a sea creature has become a smash hit?
a. Octopus Journey
b. Me and the Octopus
c. My Octopus Teacher
d. My Octopus Muse
12. Pearl Thusi received heat this week on Twitter for posting one word in response to a post informing people about the memorial of Menzi Mcunu. What was the word?
1. a 2. c 3. a 4. d 5. b 6. d 7. a 8. b 9. d 10. c 11. c 12. c