Tau to return to Generations as Karabo takes her leave

Rapulana Seiphemo who plays Tau on Generations: The Legacy will be back to work soon. Picture: supplied
Rapulana Seiphemo who plays Tau on Generations: The Legacy will be back to work soon. Picture: supplied

Generations: The Legacy lead actor Rapulana Seiphemo will be back at work in two weeks.

Generations publicist Gaaratwe Mokhethi told City Press that Seiphemo was recovering well after his horrific car accident, and would report to work early next month.

“He is contracted to us. He is still part of the family. We cannot wait to have him back,” she said.

Mokhethi said the show’s producers had been keeping in touch with the actor since he was critically injured earlier this year.

“He is still not 100%, as he will be continuing to take his medication at work,” she said.

Seiphemo was not available for comment.

In February, the actor was involved in a fatal car crash on the N14 near Diepsloot that left three people dead and three others, including Seiphemo, critically injured. The actor was treated in the intensive care unit of Milpark Hospital, while the other two were treated in public hospitals.

Seiphemo and Connie Ferguson were among the few actors brought back to rescue the soapie in August 2014 after Generations producer Mfundi Vundla axed 16 principal cast members when they went on strike demanding better pay, contracts and royalties. After a break of a few months, the refurbished Generations: The Legacy was launched on December 1.

Meanwhile, Generations – The Legacy leading lady Ferguson is parting ways with the soapie after a year and a half.

Gaaratwe told City Press they were not replacing her, and her character Karabo Moroka would not return. She refused to divulge how Karabo would exit the show.

“We will have other actors join the show and give names once the time is right,” she said.

On April 6, Generations’ producers issued a statement on the soapie’s website, which confirmed Ferguson’s exit.

According to the statement, she was “working on a couple of projects” that needed her “undivided attention” and had asked to be released from her contract.

Rumours of her departure started doing the rounds in SABC corridors last October. At the time, Vundla denied them. “No, it is not true. This is a fabrication,” he said.

E-Editions

All your favourite publications in one place.
Read now
Voting Booth
President Cyril Ramaphosa says government has set the target of ensuring that at least 40% of goods and services procured by public entities are sourced from women-owned businesses.
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
That’s a good step
2% - 1 votes
Equality means 50%
9% - 4 votes
Majority will be comrades
73% - 32 votes
Don't think it'll happen
9% - 4 votes
Start with black-owned
7% - 3 votes
Vote