To mark Financial Planning Week, the Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa (FPI) has put together an impressive roster of free financial education webinars and free financial planning consultations.
The webinars are based on this year’s World Financial Planning Day theme of Live Your Today and Plan Your Tomorrow, and will be hosted by experienced FPI professional members.
The webinars, which cover five pivotal financial pillars, will run from Monday to Friday. They will be produced as live broadcasts on Facebook and YouTube at 12pm every day, with a live workshop scheduled to be held on Tuesday.
The webinars are free of charge and recordings will be posted online for those who want to attend later.
Pillar 1: Busting financial planning myths:
Many South Africans have misconceptions about what financial planning entails, how much it costs and what it can achieve.
Pillar 2: Children and money:
Many financial planners have children of their own, and experts will discuss parenting strategies, including how to manage pocket money, set and achieve realistic financial goals, and how to use planting a vegetable garden and selling the produce as a highly teachable moment.
Pillar 3: Creating financial resilience:
Successful financial planning is all about creating strategies that will allow you and your family to thrive in good times and bad.
Pillar 4: Goals and lifestyle:
A lifestyle financial plan should have goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound (smart goals). Your financial planner should clearly understand where you are now and what you want to achieve in life – and they should assist, guide and coach you to achieve this.
Life is unpredictable and we will always experience risk in our lives, not only during deadly pandemics. The panel of experts will help consumers determine which risks they can manage themselves and which need to be covered by insurance.
PRO BONO ADVICE
As part of Financial Planning Week, the following certified financial planners will be offering free financial planning consultations (appointments are subject to availability):
- Anton Schutte from the PWG Group - email email@example.com.
- Johan Roux from BDO - call 012 433 0160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belmira Gumbe - email email@example.com
- Henri le Grange from Le Grange and Associates - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mulalo Nemataheni from ImPowerX Advisory Services - email email@example.com
- Simon de Laat from Masthead Financial Planning - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melony Jacoby from MVR Financial Advisory Services - email email@example.com
- Hedley Lamarque from BDO - email firstname.lastname@example.org
The financial planning team from BDO - call 011 488 1700, or email:
- Peter Harten – email@example.com
- Desiree Raghubir – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miré Delport – email@example.com
- Talya Snowball – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radhika Daya-Mistry – email@example.com
The financial planning team from BDO - call 021 417 8800, or email:
- Lisa Griffiths – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue McLennan – email@example.com