1. Do your homework and find out where you would like to intern.
2. Find out who heads up the HR, youth division or internship programme at that particular company. Get their names and email addresses.
3. Send a motivational letter as to why you want an internship – especially at that particular company.
4. Prepare a CV – make sure that you mention all the subjects that you are either currently studying or have studied, and keep it simple.
5. Make sure you check your spelling – there’s nothing worse than receiving documents full of basic spelling errors.
6. Be persistent!