The Absa/City Press Money Makeover Challenge is once again open for applications.
There are only six places available, so only the most committed applicants will be considered.
If your debt keeps you awake at night and your money is running out long before the end of the month, or if you simply want to take control of your small start-up business or personal finances and grow your wealth, you may be just the person we are looking for.
The Money Makeover Challenge will run over six months.
Candidates will receive expert help to put their finances in order and achieve their unique financial goals; each participant will be paired with a financial adviser.
During the six months, each participant will stand a chance to win incentive prizes on reaching certain agreed milestones.
At the end of the challenge, a cash investment prize will be awarded to the participant who best managed to remain on track and successfully realised their financial goals during the period.
The competition will run from April to October.
Only applicants who provide all of the required information will be considered.
All applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Must be older than 18.
- Must have a transactional account with Absa wherein they deposit their monthly salary or be prepared to open an Absa account.
- Must earn a net monthly salary/income of R20 000 or more (this can be a variable income if you are self-employed or a freelancer). Entrepreneurs with a small start-up business are welcome to enter.
- Must not be over-indebted to such an extent that they are blacklisted with legal action taken against them in terms of their debt.
- Must not currently be under debt review.
- Must be prepared to be filmed, have their photograph taken and have their first name appear in City Press and on Absa’s and City Press’ social media channels.
- Must commit to a six- to eight-month personalised financial fitness programme.
- Must successfully complete all the tasks and reach all the goals assigned to them.
If you are interested in participating, we need some information from you by April 21.
Please provide these personal details:
- Full name and surname
- City of residence
- ID number
- Current monthly budget (income and expenses)
Please tell us more about yourself by providing answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to participate and what do you hope to achieve should you be selected to participate?
- What are your main financial pressures at the moment?
- Are you married and do you have children?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- What has been your worst financial mistake?
- What is your big dream?
Send the information and answers to us at email@example.com.
Only applicants who provide all of the required will be considered.
Remember to send your application by no later than April 21.
To find out more about the Money Makeover Challenge, you can read about last year’s contestants on the https://media24.shorthandstories.com/moneymakeover/index.html and on the Money Makeover Facebook page @CPMoneyMakeover