Winnie Madikizela-Mandela will be remembered as an anti-apartheid activist and politician who was also the wife of the late Nelson Mandela. She served as a member of the ANC national executive committee and headed its women’s league. Here is a timeline of some of the highlights from an incredible life:
- EXCLUSIVE | It's who you know - ex-cops score big in Crime Intelligence PPE scandal
- A dark history of alcohol dependency: Does SA have what it takes to sober up?
- Adriaan Basson | My predictions and wishes for 2021
- ANALYSIS | As Covid-19 ravages the economy, women pay a higher price
- One of SA's largest funeral homes sees 300% increase in funerals in the Eastern Cape in December
Check out the City Press e-edition here.Read now
President Cyril Ramaphosa is set to address the nation at 8pm this evening on developments in relation to the country's response to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic. What are you more concerned about?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
More business closures
34% - 44 votes
No clarity on vaccines
28% - 36 votes
Lack of government communication
18% - 23 votes
Move to level five
20% - 26 votes