To celebrate Women’s Month 2020, Avon is introducing a new fragrance, Herstory. It celebrates the sharing of women’s stories and how they inspire others as well as ensuring women’s voices are heard – and heeded.
On August 9, South Africa celebrates Women’s Day, a day that represents what is possible when women come together to take a stand. Women’s stories have already changed the world, and throughout August Avon calls on all women to share the stories of their personal evolution.
As a company for women, Avon is amplifying the voices of women as part of this year’s commemoration of Women’s Month. It gives the company the opportunity to not only celebrate the milestones that women have achieved, but to also ponder and reflect on some of the challenges that hamper women from achieving their full potential.
Women face many social and economic barriers that hold them back from achieving their full potential. Over the years, their voices have been drowned out and silenced by the patriarchy and toxic masculinity. Avon wants to give women a platform to raise their voices and to share their stories of hope and document how they overcame adversity.
1. Instagram and Twitter: Your social media platform using #AvonHerstory and
1. Tag a friend
2. WhatsApp: 082 600 6261 (1 minute long)
3. Herstory Social Frame – Just by using this frame for your profile picture, you will be taking part in the commemoration of National Women’s month. Herstory Frame is downloadable from the Avon ON App and or Representative/Sales Leader Facebook Groups. Use this frame to your Facebook/WhatsApp profile picture to show your support! Your customers can get the Herstory Frame from the Avon South Africa Facebook page.
Stories can heal, both the teller and the listener. Avon will be looking out for those women who bravely step to the front of the room to share their own story.
The submitted/shared stories will be shared on Avon’s social media platforms where they will serve as a repository of content women can use as a source of inspiration, encouragement and motivation. Avon believes other women will draw inspiration from these stories and see fragments of themselves in the lived experiences of others. And through this initiative, we believe that millions of women, and men, can draw strength and fortitude.
• Pink pepper represents Passion: Potential story tellers should document a story about having attained their dreams at a time when they thought it impossible. In the top notes the Bourbon Pepper represents women’s energy and stamina to fight for their dreams.
• Iris represents Courage: Tell us about where you have been courageous and overcame obstacles. The noble Iris flower symbolises wisdom, courage and feminine confidence.
• Patchouli represents Personality: Tell us about how you have risen despite all the challenges you faced. Patchouli Prisma reveals elegant and powerful wood tones. It encourages a woman who writes her own story.
We all have a story to tell and, collectively, we have impact!
Become your own Beauty Boss and Join Avon now to earn an income.