The 2022 FIFA World Cup is a watershed moment and offers all 64 matches on two dedicated SuperSport channels (216 & 217) in 4K for the first time.
From the opening match between Qatar and Ecuador on November 20 to the Final on December 20, every minute of the World Cup will be broadcast in stunning 4K. DStv is offering 'ubumnandi' an experiential indulgence to its viewers, granting access to one of the world's greatest sporting showpieces.
We look at five reasons why 4K is the best way to watch the world's best players in Qatar for a month-long feast of football:
1. It's better than High-Definition - It's all in the name. 4K resolution opens a world of new possibilities by boasting 8.3 million megapixels. Simply put, the higher the number of pixels, the better the resolution. SuperSport viewers with a Premium, Compact Plus, or Compact subscription can watch all 64 matches in razor-sharp detail with a combination of the Explora Ultra and a 4K television. Kusazoba lit ngeCompact! A bonus for Explora Ultra viewers is the option to record the matches in 4K and enjoy them in the best quality at your leisure.
2. 4K technology is also available for football fans who’ll be streaming the FIFA World Cup. No satellite dish? Not to worry. With a Premium, Compact Plus, or Compact subscription, and your 4K television, you can get the same crisp footballing action by streaming on Showmax Pro and DStv. 4K offers a more immersive experience thanks to its greater number of pixels. Gone are the days of struggling to spot your favourite footballer, with 4K you can see every detail. If the minimum internet line speed is 15Mbps, streaming the World Cup in 4K is as easy as Neymar tapping in from close range.
3. SuperSport has brought out the big guns for the tournament and boasts a star-studded line-up of former footballers to analyse the action. Carol Tshabalala and former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke will be in Qatar detailing what’s happening from the host nation. With such expert experience, it will be easy to get caught up in the speed of Kylian Mbappe, the skill of Lionel Messi, and the hunger of Cristiano Ronaldo. Look out for the state-of-the-art graphics in 4K too.
4. In the age of instant gratification, watching the action in 4k is the next best thing to attending the World Cup match in balmy Qatar. Thankfully you won't be perspiring in your living room while celebrating every goal and save from your favourite team. SuperSport and DStv are bringing the electrifying atmosphere to you via the best image quality available today. Backed with the latest technology, broadcast in multiple languages, with the top names in football providing analysis in the studio and on the ground in Qatar, SuperSport is the best place to catch all the World Cup action. Kusazoba football galore! Experience all the action in 4K with DStv - culminating at the 80 000-seater Lusail Iconic Stadium for the final on December 18.
5. Catch Up will have highlights of every match. It might not be possible to watch every match live in 4K, but that doesn't mean you'll miss out on the experience. DStv will air highlights of all 64 matches 40 minutes after the final whistle in HD. Simply head over to Catch Up, where all the goals, saves, and best moments are captured for your viewing pleasure.
This article was sponsored by DStv and produced by the AdSpace Studio.