04 Oct 2020Pole dancing, the sport: Stripping away the myth
Pole dancing is shedding its association with seedy establishments, and is flexing its way into mainstream fitness circles while harbouring Olympic aspirations.
Get strong with killer callisthenics. It can be performed anywhere
The practice of callisthenics has become a fairly strong trend in the world of fitness. This approach involves using your own body weight...
Sudor – the Netflix of fitness
With 30 trainers on the app currently, those who want to try Sudor will be spoilt for choice. Many fitness apps will have one trainer, or...
Start a fitness journey during quarantine, it’s got lots of benefits
Let’s start with the truth: fitness isn’t a seasonal hobby, it is a lifestyle. But creating a habit of working out regularly is hard.
Exercising during corona: No gym, no problem
Although gyms such as Virgin Active remain open during the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, most people feel more comfortable staying away...
Training for the Cycling2Hike Kasi Series is death!
After a hectic childhood bike accident Mohau Mokoena takes the plunge and starts practising for the Cycle2Hike Kasi Series
We asked four fitness enthusiasts about new years resolutions
Is getting fit one of your New Year’s resolutions? Mohau Mokoena asked four fitness enthusiasts for their tips.
Juanita Khumalo: How gym became my therapy
There is light at the end of the tunnel, and fitness and wellness influencer Juanita Khumalo’s light came in the form of exercise. She...
What is a Rasul Chamber?
Soulstice Day Spa offers various treatment, including the Rasul Chamber. Mohau Mokoena got to try it out.
Fitness goals for you and your partner
Coach and fitness guru Zinhle Masango and her boyfriend Limpho Tlali have serious goals when it comes to fitness, and training together...
This is for the control freaks
Many people think doing as many repetitions as possible is the way to exercise. But control in your movements is vital for an effective...
Heard of Kemetic Boxing of the Pharaohs? It's a truly African discipline of yoga
Ahead of International Day of Yoga last week, Mohau Mokoena came across a relatively unknown African discipline of yoga and martial arts...
Work out at your own pace
Mohau Mokoena offers workouts that focus on fitness and health, instead of just dealing with fatphobia.
- Is there a place for police in the future of South Africa?
- Dickason children were 'strangled with cable ties'
- The ‘unifier’: AmaQwathi princess who brought peace between warring Dalindyebo and son
- Rosemary Ndlovu puts on a show in court
- Apathy is causing a decline in the registration of eligible voters
- Spur 2.0: Out with the Native American imagery, in with 'fresh'
- EXCLUSIVE | 'Lauren, if you ever read this, I understand': IVF friend of Lauren Dickason says it could've been her
- Telkom is listing its mast business - and Openserve will be next
- Ramaphosa explains why former higher education DG was placed on precautionary suspension
- 40% of wastewater treatment plants don't work, putting pressure on already stretched supply
Read the digital editions of City Press here.Read now
Some parts of the City of Johannesburg have become dilapidated, with potholes, piles of garbage and the stench of urine now being the prominent features of these areas. Who is responsible for the deteriorating state of these areas?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
79% - 83 votes
10% - 11 votes
10% - 11 votes