Microwave frosted foods in a fraction of the time it normally takes at room temperature.
• Open all cartons and remove all lids before defrosting at 30% power.
• Separate meat joints or chops.
• Turn foods over regularly during defrosting. If this is not possible (when defrosting soup or stew), stir the food or rotate the container regularly.
• Place foods such as cake, bread, rolls or pies on kitchen towel or toilet paper to absorb excess moisture.
• Break blocks of frozen food up with a fork as it defrosts to ensure even distribution of heat.
• If any part of the food defrosts too fast or becomes warm, while the rest is still frozen solid, cover this area with a piece of microwave-safe (???) foil.