Come laugh your lungs out for three days only: 6-8 November Johannesburg International Comedy Festival comes alive.
The Alexander Theatre, Orbit Jazz Cafe, Thirteen ans the Bannister Hotel in Braamfontein, The Market Theatre and Bassline in Newtown are were you'll laugh out loud.
42 local, continental and international comedians are in the line-up to tickle your funny bones.
From 2-4 November you can expect fringe shows at Kitcheners, Great Dane and Anti Establishment as a build up to the festival.
Here's what is happening when at the festival:
- Stand Up Africa (Alexander Theatre) – Comedy with Africa’s finest comedians. League of Nations (Alexander Theatre) – Comedy without borders featuring talent from around the world.
- Fire In The Hole (Bannister Hotel Basement) – Comedy with no limits or boundaries, humor that is risky, edgy and politically incorrect.
- Bantu Hour Live (Orbit Jazz Café) – Comedy inspired by the late night talk show format of host, live band, interactive engagement with the comedians and special music guests.
- Live From The 13th Floor (Thirteen) – Comedy that celebrates trailblazing female talent live from Braamfontein’s newest and sexiest venue atop the Neighbourgoods Market.
- Vernac Attack (Bassline Theatre) – Comedy in any of South Africa’s indigenous languages, a previously underground category that is now taking the country by storm.
- Jokenation (Market Theatre) – Jokenation is a global talent search that seeks to find tomorrow's comedy stars in the US,UK, Continental Europe, Middle East/Asis and South Africa. The winner of this South African final will be flown to Switzerland to perform at the Montreux Comedy Festival in December
Tickets are on sale and ranger from R150 to R250. Go to www.webtickets.co.za or www.jicf.co.za or the Festival Facebook page to buy your ticket Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!