Cape Town - He is one of the most loved, yet feared characters on 1Magic drama series The River. Lawerence Maluka plays a street smart, gun-slinging Zolani from the township, living with his aunt Lindiwe at the Dikana family home.
Lawrence transitioned from being a TV presenter to an actor and has pretty much nailed it on The River.
Here are the five times he gave a performance worth a standing ovation.
1. Who can forget when Zolani poured his heart out to his aunt when he felt no one cared about his feelings?
2. And the time he was not impressed seeing his ex-wife Tumi at the Dikana house before her big wedding.
3. One of the funniest yet serious moments was when Zolani and Lindani were attempting to rescue Lindiwe and Tumi from a mine explosion.
4. Who can forget Mbali and Zolani teasing Andile?
5. Zolani does a great job being Lindiwe’s side kick.