Cape Town - Rami Chuene’s character, Gracious Mabuza, on The Queen certainly made her way into the hearts of many South Africans. So, after Rami announced her departure from the show, many were left sad and disappointed.
Making the sad announcement to her supporters on social media, she explained that although she can’t get into the details yet, she is very grateful for the support she’s gotten while playing the famous character:
"TGOM’s stint on #TheQueenMzansi has come to an end. Unfortunately, I won’t be getting into details as advised by my legal team. I still have to finish shooting and I’m hoping to execute as excellently, exceptionally and professionally as I always have. Thank you for the love, well wishes and blessings! You have been the best part of this ride. Now, let’s finish strong. Ke le rata goed! #TGOMNATION forever"
Although the details surrounding her departure are vague at the moment, she joins 4 other actors who left the series in the short space of a year.
We will miss her on our screens, but thank goodness for social media because we will always have these five memorable scenes from "The Gracious One Mabuza":
1. The classic, "Hold me while I pray" line after Mmabatho reaction to her husband’s death was questionable.
2. Only TGOM rushes off to her meeting even after she and her daughter crash into pedestrians.
3. Not a lot of people can deal with Patronella, but TGOM certainly tries!
4. How can we possibly forget how head-over-hills she was when she was dating her “Ben 10” Schumacher.
5. We’ll even miss TGOM bloopers!