Cape Town - The Daily Show host Trevor Noah is officially the fourth highest paid comedian in the world according to Forbes.
The SA-born star made a whopping $28 million (R430 million) last year through various projects including his day job as The Daily Show host. The bulk of his earnings, however, came through his 70-stop worldwide stand up tour.
Not only is the 35-year-old still making some serious money through his book sales from his New York best seller Born A Crime but he also made a significant amount from his second Netflix special, Trevor Noah: Son of Patricia.
Although Trevor is pretty rich, he is nowhere close to earning as much as the comedian in the number one spot, Kevin Hart.
Kevin made an estimated $59 million (R909 million) from his comedy tour last year, even though he was snubbed from hosting the Oscars, it didn’t make a dent in his overall earnings.
Jerry Seinfeld and Jim Gaffigan hold the second and third positions on the list with R632 million and R462 million respectively.
Here’s the top 10 list according to Forbes
1. Kevin Hart – R909 million
2. Jerry Seinfeld – R632 million
3. Jim Gaffigan – R462 million
4. Trevor Noah – R431 million
5. Sebastian Maniscalco – R401 million
6. Gabriel Iglesias – R339 million
7. Amy Schumer – R323 million
8. Terry Fator – R262 million
9. Jeff Dunham – R231 million
10. Aziz Ansari – R200 million