Cape Town - Local musician Mampintsha announced his retirement from the music industry in a five-part Instagram video on Wednesday.
Taking to his Instagram account the music producer explained to his fans how he had been considering retiring from the music industry for a while now.
"I’ve been thinking, you know, looking at the situation and the time I have been in this music game and all the hits I’ve given you guys. I can see that people aren’t happy, I don’t even mean fans, I mean people I was supposedly close with such people. It’s not pleasant here anymore,” explained Mampintsha.
In the second clip Mampintsha continued to describe how unhappy he has been due to the lack of support he was receiving from the music industry and perhaps this was even the perfect time to do what he had been contemplating for a while - which was to retire.
“Do not call it giving up – it’s not giving up. I was think that this could be my last year in the music industry,” he says.
The Amaketanga hit-maker went on to thank his fans for their relentless support over the years, further announcing that he would release two last tracks and then "call it a day."
“We can just see that people are not happy anymore man,” Mampintsha said in the fourth clip.
He added: “They have sampled me to hell and back and when they see me in the street they don’t even greet or acknowledge me. However, that’s okay because I’ve been here enough to know that’s okay.”
The series of videos comes after gqom duo Destruction Boyz, alleged that Mampintsha owed them millions after they produced Babes Wodumo’s hit song Wololo.
The musician who made headlines earlier this year after allegedly abusing gqom sensation star Babes Wodumo, concluded his retirement five-part video series by thanking his fans for their support.