- 60ml - smooth apricot jam
- 6-8 - chicken pieces
- TO FINISH -
- 1 - garlic bulb, lightly crushed (optional
- 1 - juice and grated zest of lemon
- - handful of fresh coriander or parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 - garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml - apricot jam, heated
- - salt and freshly ground peppe
The garlic in this dish adds amazing flavour. The apricot jam not only adds sweetness but ensures the chicken becomes deliciously sticky and golden brown.
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix the garlic, jam, lemon juice and zest well and brush all over the chicken.
2. Arrange the chicken and garlic bulb (if using) in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Roast for 40 minutes.
3. TO FINISH Turn the chicken over and brush with the heated apricot jam. Roast for another 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Sprinkle the herbs over and serve