- - handful of fresh basil, chopped
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5-10ml - sugar
- 50g - 1 can tomato paste
- 400g - diced bacon
- - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 410g - 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 500g - penne pasta
- - 1 onion, chopped
- - 3-4 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 410g - 1 can whole cherry tomatoes
- - Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- 10ml - olive oil
1 Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
2 Add the oil, onion, bacon and garlic to the pan and stir-fry until the bacon is crisp and brown.
3 Pour the cans of tomatoes and paste into the pan, lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
4 Add the sun dried tomatoes and sugar.Season with salt and pepper and simmer for another 10 minutes.5 Strain the pasta and add to the bacon mixture.Add the basil, toss,sprinkle Parmesan cheese over, and serve.