- - salt and pepper
- 250g - assorted baby tomatoes
- 60ml - red wine
- 4 - spring onions
- 3 - peppers (green, red or yellow, or one of each)
- 2 - large red onions
- - olive oil
- bunch - fresh thyme sprigs (crushed)
- - honey
- 160ml - vinegar
- 2 - smallish brinjals
- 60ml - sunflower seeds (toasted)
- 50g - fresh basil
- 25g - fresh oregano
- 4cloves - garlic
- 400can - butter beans or cannellini beans (2x)
- 45ml - olive oil
Salt the brinjal generously and mix with the other veggies. Add the olive oil, garlic and thyme and mix well.
2. Arrange the veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes or until soft but not mushy. Add the tomatoes halfway through the cooking time. Roast until the tomato skins start to burst. Then add the beans.
Mix all the ingredients and pour over the veggies while they’re still hot. Leave to cool.
4. TO FINISH
Transfer to a serving platter and top with the feta cheese and sunflower seeds.