- 250ml - chicken stock (use only ½ stock cube)
- 8-12 - medium to large chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 5ml - dried origanum
- 1can - peeled whole tomatoes in juice
- 250ml - dry white wine
- 2 - red onions, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 30ml - oil
- 6ml - paprika 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 225g - spicy chorizo, skinned and thinly sliced
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2 Fry the chorizo and onions for 7–8 minutes, turning occasionally to soften the onions and release the chorizo oils. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the oil in the pan.
3 Add the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle the paprika, garlic and origanum over, season lightly and turn the heat up a little. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
4 Pour in the wine and scrape gently around the pan to deglaze. Stir in the chorizo, onions, stock and tomatoes, mashing the tomatoes in with a fork. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5 Garnish as desired then serve with baby potatoes or rice and vegetables.