- - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml - flour
- 30ml - green pepper-corns, roughly chopped
- 1,5-2kg - stewing pork
- - 2 bay leaves
- - handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 250ml - chicken or vegetable stock
- - 1 onion, quartered
- - 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- - handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- - rated zest of 2 lemons
- - 1 egg yolk whisked with water
- - salt
- 300-350g - mixed mush-rooms, cut into chunks
- - salt and white pepper
- 15 ml - olive oil
- - 2 onions, chopped
- 400g - 2 rolls puff pastry
- 15ml - olive oil
2 Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker and brown the meat in batches. Add the onion, bay leaves and stock, and cover with water. Cook under pressure for 1-1½ hours or until the meat is soft and falling off the bone.
Heat the olive oil in a deep pan and fry the onions and garlic until fragrant. Add the carrots and mushrooms and fry until done.
5 Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and mix well. Add 250ml (1c) of the cooking liquid from the pork and stir through. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened slightly. Turn down the heat and add the pork. Add more of the cooking liquid if the mixture looks too dry.
7 Transfer the filling to a large pie dish or divide between two medium pie dishes.
8 TO FINISH
Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cover the pie dish(es) with the pastry and cut off the excess. Tuck the pastry snugly over the filling and crimp the edges. Decorate the pies with the excess pastry if you like.