- - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g - mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 15ml - Worcestershire sauce
- 100g - Parmesan cheese, grated
- 410g - 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 100g - salami slices
- 60ml - each chutney, tomato sauce and light brown sugar
- - 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- - 2 onions, chopped
- - 3 naan breads
- 15ml - oil
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- - fresh basil, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the onions until soft. Add the garlic and chilli (if using) and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for a minute, then add the rest of the ingredients except the salt and pepper. Simmer slowly for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent catching. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
2 TO FINISH
Put one naan bread on the prepared baking sheet, spoon some of the relish on top and spread evenly. Put some basil on top, followed by mozzarella and salami slices. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over.
3 Put another naan bread on top and repeat step 2. Put the last naan bread on top, add mozzarella and salami slices, sprinkle Parmesan over and put in the oven for 5 minutes. Then turn on the grill and grill for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted on all the layers.
4 Sprinkle basil over the sandwich, slice and serve.