- 60ml - rice vinegar
- 2 - carrots, peeled and chopped
- 80 ml - mirin (optional)
- 4 - radishes, thinly sliced
- 2cm - piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 - chillies, chopped
- 250ml - coconut flakes or slivers, lightly toasted
- 250ml - fresh coriander, chopped
- 30ml - sweetener such as stevia or coconut sugar
- 125ml - soy sauce
- 1 - mango (cubed)
- 1 - stem of lemon grass, chopped
- 1 - nectarine
- 4 - spring onions, chopped
- 250ml - roasted peanuts, salted or plain
Apart from containing essential vitamins and minerals, fresh fruit and vegetables also provide fibre, which helps maintain a healthy microbiome (the collection of good bacteria) in your gut.
This in turn helps prevent infections and irritations which can lead to chronic illness.
If you choose to eat it raw, be sure to wash it well to get rid of any pesticides or micro-organisms.