- 30ml - (2 tablespoons) dark brown sugar
- - ½ medium red cabbage, finely shredded
- 15ml - (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 30ml - (2 tablespoons) chopped fresh parsley
- - Large thyme sprig
- - 1 red onion, finely sliced
- - 1 clove garlic, crushed
- - 2 medium beetroots, peeled and cut into wedges
- 30ml - (2 tablespoon) balsamic vinegar
- 125ml - (½ cup) water
1. Preheat the oven to160°C.
2. Heat oil in an ovenproof casserole dish and gently fry onion until softened and translucent.
3. Add garlic and sugar and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the shredded cabbage, beetroot, thyme ,balsamic vinegar and water.
5. Cover and place in the oven.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 60minutes or until tender.
7. Garnish with parsley to serve.