- 15ml - (1 tablespoon) cajun spice
- 45ml - (3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200g - (1 cup) brown basmati rice
- 30ml - (2 tablespoon) chopped fresh thyme
- - 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 500ml - (2 cups) chicken stock
- - 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g - chorizo sausage, sliced
- - 1 onion, diced
- 410g - 1 can diced tomatoes
- - 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Heat oil in a large heavy based sauce pan and brown the chicken for 5-8 minutes until golden.
2. Remove and set aside.
3. Add onion and sauté until transparent.
4. Add red pepper, garlic, chorizo, cajun spice and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Return the chicken to saucepan, add rice, tomatoes and stock.
6. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is tender.
7. Serve warm, garnished with chopped dill.