- handful - of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- - 1-2 rounds feta cheese, crumbled
- 160ml - sauvignon blanc or other white win
- 120g - shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 - garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g - potato gnocchi
- 250g - white button mush-rooms, roughly chopped
- 30ml - butter
1 Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the package instructions until done. Drain, reserving about 250ml (1c) of the cooking liquid. Set the gnocchi aside.
2 In a large pan over medium to high heat, melt the butter and add the two kinds of mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until the mush- rooms have browned. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
3 Pour in the wine and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until most of the wine has evaporated but the mixture is still moist.
4 Add the gnocchi, stir gently and continue simmering for 5-7 minutes or until the gnocchi browns slightly. Add a little of the reserved gnocchi cooking liquid at a time to the pan, stirring until the gnocchi look creamy.
5 Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the feta cheese and chopped parsley on top. Serve hot.