- - 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g - frozen seafood mix, defrosted and well drained
- 125ml - white wine
- 400g - 1 can pilchards in tomato sauce
- - oil
- 60g - 1 sachet tomato paste
- - freshly baked bread to serve
- handful - of chopped fresh parsley
- - 1 onion, chopped
- 400g - 1 can tomatoes in juice, chopped
1 In a saucepan or deep frying pan, fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
2 Add the seafood mixture, tomatoes, wine, pilchards and tomato paste. Simmer for about 7 minutes or until the mixture is fragrant and the pilchards have disintegrated. Sprinkle the parsley over.
3 TO SERVE
Break the freshly baked bread into chunks and use it to mop up the sauce and the last morsel from your plate.