- 2,5ml - each cumin and mustard seeds
- - salt
- - prepared poppadoms
- - a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 4x250ml - cooked rice
- 15ml - tomato paste
- 1 - chilli (optional)
- 5ml - ground coriander
- 15ml - roasted masala
- 1 - onion, chopped
- 5cm - fresh ginger, grated
- 2 - sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 750ml - chicken stock
- 2,5ml - each ground cumin and turmeric
- 125ml - red lentils
- 60ml - cream
- 30ml - oil
- 4 - garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 - chicken breasts, cubed
- 125ml - plain yoghurt
1 Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli (if using) until fragrant.
2 Add all the spices and tomato paste and stir-fry slowly for a minute.
Pour the chicken stock over and bring to the boil.
3 Add the lentils and sweet potato and simmer until done, stirring occasionally.
4 Add the chicken, stir and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5 Turn down the heat, stir in the cream and season with salt.
6 TO SERVE
Serve the curry with the rice,poppadoms, coriander and yoghurt.