- 1 - green chilli, chopped (optional)
- 6 - readymade flatbreads, pittas or rotis
- handful - fresh flat leaf
- 6cloves - garlic (chopped)
- 1 - onion, quartered and the layers separated
- 30ml - tomato paste
- 250ml - plain double-cream yoghurt
- 15ml - honey
- - parsley, chopped
- - TO SERVE
- 4 - deboned chicken thighs (with skin)
- 30ml - olive oil juice
- 80ml - olive oil juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 125ml - hummus or plain double-cream yoghurt
- 15ml - brown sugar
- 1 - grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5ml - dried chilli flakes, ground cumin, paprika and dried oregano
- 1 - cucumber, seeded and diced
- 4 - chicken breast fillets, cut into thirds
- 2 - large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- - KEBABS
- 2,5 - salt
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2,5ml - dried mint
- 1 - onion, chopped
- 250g - cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 - green pepper, diced (optional)
Make a fire with enough coals to braai the chicken. Keep 4 metal skewers and a braai grid handy.
1. Put the chicken in a marinating bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. MARINADE Mix all the ingredients well and pour over the chicken. Mix well, making sure the chicken is entirely covered in marinade. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
3. SALAD Mix all the ingredients well.
4. KEBABS Thread the chicken and onion slices on the skewers, then arrange the kebabs on the braai grid. Position the grid 15cm above the coals and braai the kebabs for 20 minutes or until cooked through and lightly charred. Turn often to make sure they are cooked through evenly.
5.TO SERVE Spread hummus or yoghurt on the flatbread, pittas or rotis. Remove the chicken and onion slices from the skewers and arrange on the bread with the salad