This #JustDelicious homemade pizza is the slice of life!
250ml (1c) cake flour
250ml (1c) bread flour
10ml (2t) baking powder
1 pinch salt
250ml (1c) cider, room temperature
olive oil for frying
Eskort Mini Frikkadels
125ml (½c) tomato puree
30ml (2T) tomato paste
30ml (2T) origanum, chopped
2 pinches of salt
500ml (2c) grated mozzarella cheese
60ml (¼c) kalamata olives, pitted
250ml (1c) fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the cider and knead until a dough forms.
- Cover with clingfilm and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into a small frying pan over medium heat and fry the frikkadels until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomato puree, tomato paste, origanum and salt.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface and top with the tomato sauce.
- Bake the base for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Add the cheese and olives and bake for a further 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish the pizza with fresh basil leaves, slice and serve.