The Covid-19 pandemic has seen the whole world adjust to a new reality and with that comes a new normal, such as the wearing of facial masks as well as finding creative ways of being together while we’re apart.
And while virtual work meetings and virtual celebrations keep us in touch with one another, the latest trend is drive-by baby showers which sees expectant mommies being celebrated by friends and family while still maintaining the safety measures of social distancing.
According to Popsugar.com , these drive-by baby showers work exactly how they sound: friends and family drive by the expectant mommy’s home and celebrate her with cheers, well wishes, and gifts – all while not coming into close contact with the mom.
In most instances, the mom-to-be will sit on the front lawn of her home where she will receive gifts from loved ones who will have their cars lined-up in a parade style.
And if you’re wondering how you can also plan one for a mom-to-be you know, here are five tips on how to successfully plan a drive-by baby shower from event planner, Lindsey Mensch who spoke to What To Expect.
1. Send out invites with important information on them – According to Mensch, important details such as the date and time window for the guests to drive by should be communicated on the invite. “Having a shorter window will give you more of an energetic feeling instead of having guests drive by randomly throughout the day,” she told the publication.
2. Notify your guests that gifts are compulsory – In order for the drive-by baby shower to be successful, guests should bring gifts which they’ll drop off in a safe distance from the mommy during the car parade.
3. Set the mood – Before the drive-by parade happens, you can set the mood of the celebration by decorating the front lawn and the mom-to-be’s chair with baby shower friendly decorations.
4. Get creative – For the event not to be boring, get creative by asking your guests to dress according to a theme. You can also have your guests playing some music from their cars.
5. Designate a photo/video person – As with all special moments, drive-by baby showers also have to be captured. To make this extra special, get a person to film the car parade from when it starts right up to where the mom-to-be gets her gifts.