- At night, protect your hair from rubbing against cotton sheets and breaking by wearing a silk scarf or investing in a silk pillow.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull your hairline, like a tight ponytail, bun or braids.
- When relaxing hair, wash it thoroughly to get rid of all the chemicals.
- Don’t use excessive heat or gels that contain too much alcohol as this can lead to hair breakage.
- Keep your cleanser or toner away from your hairline - the alcohol in these products can be damaging.
- Live a healthy lifestyle and eat food rich in protein to promote hair growth.
- No matter how much you spend on your weave, you should remove it after 12 weeks.
Receding hairline home remedies
Castor oil and lemon essential oil: Apply to the scalp to stimulate regrowth.
1. Combine eight teaspoons of castor oil and one teaspoon of lemon essential oil in a container.
2. Massage the scalp with the liquid for two minutes.
3. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with cool water and washing with a mild shampoo.
4. Repeat this treatment daily until you see an improvement.
Egg treatment: The high-protein content in eggs makes them one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
1. Shampoo your hair.
2. Beat two to three eggs in a bowl.
3. Cover strands from root to tips with the egg mixture.
4. Rinse with cool water after five minutes.
Scalp microblading: Brow microblading has become a popular solution for filling out thin brows and now obscuring thinning areas on the hairline can be done by replicating hair strands.
Scalp microblading or micropigmentation creates the illusion of depth and shadow by adding strokes of pigment matched to the person’s hair colour. If you’re interested in finding out more, contact Permanent Makeup Professional
1. Nioxin Hair Booster has a vitamin complex that targets thinning on the hairline and crown.
2. Philip Kingsley Tricotherapy Regime is a three-step treatment that encourages new and healthy hair growth and reduces shedding.
3. Vichy Dercos Aminexil Pro for Women helps slow down the rate of hair loss and strengthens hair.