By Mpho Tshikhudo
Former Joyous Celebration soloist turned solo recording artist Tebello Sukwene is something of an enigma. The brains behind Jesus Alive in Women Ladies High Tea, she’s now working on the second instalment of the annual event. Here are 8 facts we bet you didn’t know about her.
- She is married to drummer Bafana Sukwene who’s played with the likes of Simphiwe Dana.
- That makes Idols SA winner Musa Sukwene her brother in law.
- She did a five- year stint with Joyous Celebration and recorded four albums with them.
- She doesn’t drink alcohol.
- She’s the founder and organiser of Jesus Alive in Women Ladies High Tea annual event which is going to be organised on 17 September.
“The purpose of the event is to empower women and to encourage them to come out of situations like abuse and help them understand their value according to Proverbs 31:10.”
- She’s a huge Tasha Cobbs fan.
“I can’t get enough of her latest album, One Place Live.”
- Her childhood celebrity crush is Usher.
“It’s probably the fancy footwork.”
- He’s Alive is her first solo album.