Yup! Get your bubbles, bubbly, champers or as some call it, champopo chilled, it's World Champagne Day.
It is a drink associated with luxury because it's a bit heavy on the pocket.
Here are some fun facts about your favourite bubbles:
· Champagne is produced in the Champagne region of France where there is a list of rules that govern the process of fermentation, vineyard practices and the sourcing of grapes.
· Champagne with the capital C refers to the region and little c refers to the wine.
· The difference between sparkling wine and champagne is where and how it is made. Because champagne is a little more expensive doesn’t make sparkling wine less of a good wine.
· There are over 40 million bubbles in a 750 ml bottle of champagne.
· Champagne has more carbonation than beer.
· Always hold your champagne glass by the stem. It is best enjoyed chilled so holding it by the bowl will make it warm.
· Don’t fill it up to the rim, proper champagne etiquette is 3/ 4 of a glass.
· Corks from champagne or sparkling wine can erupt at high and dangerous speeds so opening it properly might save you an emergency call.