Serves 6 Preparation time: 10 min Cooking time: 15 min 30 ml (2 T) oil 500g pork sausages, sliced 1 large onion, chopped 3 garlic cloves, chopped 1 can (400 g) whole cherry tomatoes 125 ml (½ c) chicken stock 1 fresh thyme sprig 2 cans (400 g each) mixed beans salt and pepper handful of fresh parsley, chopped croutons to serve (see below)
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the sausage slices until golden brown all over. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pot sauté the onion and garlic until soft. Add a little more oil if you need to.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and thyme and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and sausages and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with the chopped parsley and croutons.
To make croutons Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut bread into large cubes and season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet and sprinkle oil over. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden.