Preparation time: 10 min
Chilling time: 30 min
Cooking time: 30 min
60 ml (¼ c) olive oil
30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
30 ml (2 T) harissa paste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
6 chicken drumsticks
6 chicken wings
Bean salad to serve
4 lemons, zest and juice
800 g baby marrows, peeled, cubes
500 ml (2 c) sugar
8 cm fresh ginger, grated
1. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, harissa, garlic, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat well with the harissa mixture. Chill in the fridge covered for 30 minute.
2. Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes, turning until fully cooked.
3 Marrow Jam: Put the marrow into a pan with 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice. Then cook on a medium heat, stirring often, until the marrow is turning translucent and soft but not mushy about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in sugar, remaining juice, zest and ginger. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes or until the marrow has softened completely and the jam has thickened.
4. Place chicken on a platter, scatter with parsley and serve with marrow jam and bean salad.