Congratulations to Idols SA season 9 winner Musa Sukwene.
Musa (26), the gentle giant from eMalahleni is first contestant ever from Mpumalanga Province to win Idols SA.
The competition between Musa and runner-up 19 year old Brenden Ledwaba from Graskop, also in Mpumalanga, was neck-and-neck over the tense final week of the competition and in the end Musa won by a narrow margin of just over 1 000 votes.
“We have never experienced such a close race before on Idols SA,” said M-Net’s Head of Publicity and Special Projects Lani Lombard.
As the winner of Idols SA Season 9 Musa walked away with over a million Rand in prizes:
- A R60 000 voucher towards state-of-the-art musical instruments, as well as a Bi-Wizz Scooter valued at R20 000, from Idols sponsor YAMAHA;
- a monitor system valued at over R57 000 and Premiere Wireless Technology Shure UHF-R® Wireless Microphone Systems valued at over R40 000 from SHURE MICROPHONES;
- R30 000 in fashion vouchers from Idols clothing sponsor Truworths;
- R350 000 cash from SAMSUNG, an All Share set worth over R50 000 as well as R350 000 from Idols SA.
- A brand new Ford Fiesta 1.0 (1 litre) Ecoboost Titanium Valued at R238 600 from FORD;
- And of course the ultimate Idols prize: a recording contract from UNIVERSAL MUSIC SOUTH AFRICA.
Universal will release a 4-track mini-album from their latest Idols SA superstar in time for Christmas, and it will be available exclusively for Samsung customers to download and keep from the KLEEK music app.
Fans can download the Kleek music app from Samsung Apps and the Google Play store, exclusive to Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Brenden took home R10 000 in fashion vouchers from Truworths - and so did the third runner up Sonke Mazibuko; and lastly a R100 000 cheque from Idols SA for his contribution to making Season 9 such a hit season.
Both Brenden and Musa’s original singles are still available for download and their music videos are on the official Idols website at www.mnet.co.za/Idols.
To download Brenden’s single “Fingerprints” simply SMS his number 01 to 39200 and for Musa’s single “I Still Feel It” SMS his number 09 to 39200. Each download costs R15.
Remember auditions for Season 10 will take place across the country in February 2014.