The hacker used Pearl’s page to pay tribute to fallen kwaito star Bonginkosi “Zola” Dlamini.
Pearl said she had no idea about the Facebook post, or the fake account. “I’m shocked to hear about this. I really wish it had been me, who had paid tribute to Zola, but unfortunately it was not me,” she said, adding that she would report the hacked account and make sure that the matter is dealt with.
Here are 5 things you can do to help keep your account safe:
- Pick a strong password and never share it with anyone else. Use a combination of at least six numbers, letters, and punctuation marks (like ! and &).
- Use our extra security features.
- Make sure your email account(s) are secure
- Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people. If you forget, you can log out remotely.
- Run anti-virus software on your computer.