Entertainment on the go has never been this simple. Thanks to streaming service Showmax, all you need to store series and movies offline is the click of a button.
Showmax, the internet TV service with the biggest library in Africa, is maximising shows and movies online and offline. With internet TV, all you need is an internet connection and the right device like a smartphone, laptop or Smart TV, and you get instant access to thousands of titles on demand, when you want them and with no adverts!
Showmax works the same way as streaming music services such as Apple Music or Google Play Music, except that with Showmax, there’s a download option that lets you save content onto your smartphone or tablet to watch at a later time. And rather than buying individual movies, seasons or even episodes, your monthly Showmax subscription gives you access to over 25 000 items to watch!
Sign up for the 14-day FREE trial at showmax.com and give Showmax a test.
If you don’t like it, cancel your account and you haven’t spent a cent. If you love it, carry on watching for R99 per month. And with new content being added every few days, you’ll never run out of entertainment.
How to sign up for Showmax
1. Go to Showmax.com on your computer, smartphone or tablet
2. Click " Try it free for 14 days"
3. Sign up for your FREE trial – you’ll need a valid email address and password
4. Choose your payment method – there are 7 types, including vouchers
NB! Take note, to claim your FREE trial, you will be asked to enter your cheque or credit card details. Not a cent will come off during the 14-day FREE trial. If you cancel during this time, your account info is deleted. If you want to keep the Showmax service after the 14-day FREE trial, your card will be debited and you won’t have to re-enter your details again. We promise it’s safe, so don’t worry about giving this information out on the Showmax sign-up page. And we can back up claims that every safety measure has been taken to keep your information safe – it’s been tried and tested by people in this very office – and our parents and friends, of course.
(The 14-day FREE trial is only for users paying with cheque or credit card and PayPal. If you choose to pay with vouchers or another payment method, you will not be able to claim the 14-day FREE trial.)
How to download and watch Showmax content in 6 steps
- Make sure that you’re connected to the internet (like a Wi-Fi hotspot) and log into your Showmax app on your tablet or smartphone.
- Browse until you find a title that you like – like Isibaya – and select it.
- On the details page that opens, you’ll see a DOWNLOAD button, next to the blue PLAY NOW button. Click it and your content will start downloading.
- Note that to download series episodes, you will need to download each episode individually.
- You will then see a menu with download quality options to choose from – Low Quality, Standard Quality, Good Quality and High Quality. The lower quality you choose, the less space the download will take on your device and the less data you will use to download.
- Your download should start immediately. Wait for it to be completed, and then you’ll be free to watch offline … for free!
You can download up to 25 shows or movies at a time to your smartphone or tablet and store them for up to 30 days – but once you press play on any show, you have 48 hours to watch or you’ll have to download it again.
NB! Make sure you have enough free space to save the shows you want to download! And if you want to download more than the 25 titles, you’ll need to watch or delete previously stored shows first.
So if you’re not planning on braving the icy winter weather for a night on the town, download a couple of movies and series from Showmax while you’re in a Wi-Fi hotspot and take them home to watch from the comfort of your warm bed!
How do I get Showmax?