Ziphozakhe Zokufa is the country's gorgeous and newly crowned Miss South Africa 2014, following the crowning of formerly reigning Miss SA 2014 Rolene Strauss' victory as Miss World.
The 23 year-old film student, who also plays music and is a keen singer and songwriter, was visibly moved. "I will do my best to make my country proud," the teary-eyed beauty said.
Zipho's family came out to support her and had only words of encouragement to share with their sister and daughter. "You are our ambassador, my chid. Make us as proud as I believe you will," she said.
While her reign will end in March, Zipho is as much a winner as Rolene Strauss was as she will walk away with the below prize package:
- A brand new Mini Cooper
- Use of a fully furnished and serviced apartment
- Africology products and spa services
- A Sun International cash prize
- Call It Spring shoes
- Exclusive Dry Cleaners services
- Smashbox makeup
- Professional Impressions image and etiquette training
- A Sun International Dreams all-expenses paid getaway
- A Cell C airtime contract
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch tablet
The prize-giving began early for Zipho, who was shown her new car upon her crowning. "I think I might collapse. She has a car and she's still working towards getting her license," her mom laughed.
Among her supporters were media personalities Bonang Matheba, Anele Mdoda and Sizwe Dhlomo. The event was also attended by Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation minister Fikile Mbalula who called Zipho "a bunch of a winner."
The day was an overall success and DRUM wishes Zipho all the best in her reign and her future endeavours!