Preparation: 2-3 Hr | Chilling: 1-2 Hr | Baking: 20 Min | Serves 6-8
Makes about 16 Pinwheels
5ml (1t) active dry yeast
60ml (.c) milk
375g (3c) all-purpose flour
2ml (1⁄3t) salt
200g butter, chilled and cut
in small cubes
2 eggs, beaten
410g (1 can) diced tomatoes
115g (1 can) tomato paste
10ml (2t) sugar
2,5ml (.t) each dried
oregano, garlic salt and
100g mozzarella cheese,
80g pulled pork
1 small egg, beaten
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk. In a large bowl, whisk the flour and salt. Add the butter and, using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
- Add the dissolved yeast and the eggs into the flour mixture. Knead until all the flour is incorporated. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours to let the yeast develop.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- To finish Preheat the oven to 180°C. On a floured surface, divide the dough into two. Roll each piece into a 40x25cm rectangle.
- Spread the tomato sauce, half of the mozzarella cheese and all the pork on both pieces of dough. Roll up the dough and cut into 2,5cm slices.
- Put the pinwheels on baking sheets lined with baking paper. Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese over.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.