Enjoy the deliciousness of viennas, chakalaka and mash reinvented as you’ve never seen before
500g Eskort Smoked Viennas
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
45ml (3T) olive oil
4 potatoes, boiled and mashed
250ml (1c) chakalaka
250ml (1c) cheddar cheese
250ml (1c) cream
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, sautée the onion and garlic in olive oil until glossy.
- Combine the mashed potato, onion mixture, chakalaka, cheddar cheese and cream.
- Transfer the mashed potato mixture to an oven dish and bake until golden.
- Heat the viennas in a frying pan.
- Serve the viennas with the baked mash as a dip.