Easy bacon granola with sweet goodness makes a perfect topper for warm peanut butter porridge spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and zesty ginger
Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 20 Min
200g Eskort Minced Bacon, fried crispy
125ml (½c) coconut oil
125ml (½c) honey
125ml (½c) treacle sugar
500ml (2c) rolled oats
5ml (1t) vanilla
15ml (1T) cinnamon
250ml (1c) mixed seeds and nuts
Spiced peanut butter porridge
1L (4c) cooked soft maize porridge
125ml (½c) cream
125ml (½c) chunky peanut butter
5ml (1t) cinnamon
5ml (1t) nutmeg
5ml (1t) ginger
60ml (¼c) apricot jam
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and treacle sugar to a saucepan over moderate heat. Bring the mixture to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the fried bacon, rolled oats, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Transfer the granola mixture to a baking sheet greased with nonstick spray and bake for 15 minutes
- Cook the porridge in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the cream, peanut butter and spices to the porridge and mix until well combined.
- Serve the porridge hot and topped with bacon granola and apricot jam.