Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 15 Min
Eskort BBQ Mini frikadels
100g roasted beetroot
1 red onion, thinly sliced
5ml (1t) vinegar
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 avocado, thinly sliced
4 low-GI pittas, cut in half
60ml (¼c) yoghurt
2 handfuls wild rocket
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the frikkadels in their bag in the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the frikkadels to a lined baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the beetroot, red onion, vinegar and garlic to a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Dress the avo with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the pitta breads in a frying pan with the avo oil for 30 seconds each side or keep them untoasted.
- Remove the frikkadels from the oven.
- Fill the pittas with 1T of yoghurt, rocket and red salad. Add the BBQ Frikkadels and avo and serve.