This velvety smooth and creamy pot of potatoes and Russians is delicious comfort served on a plate.
Eskort Smoked Russians
1kg baby potatoes
olive oil for cooking
5ml (1t) white pepper
2 onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
250ml (1c) spring onions, chopped
45ml (3T) flour
500ml (2c) cream
250ml (1c) milk
250ml (1c) white cheese, grated
extra chopped spring onion
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the potatoes in half and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with white pepper and salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes or until cooked and crispy.
- In a large saucepan over moderate heat, fry the onions, garlic and spring onions until glossy.
- Thinly slice the Russians and add to the saucepan. Mix through and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir through.
- Add the cream and milk, stir until the sauce is smooth then lower the heat.
- Add the crispy potatoes to the sauce then transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the chilli oil and more spring onions.